Postsecondary Transition Planning
Medford School District middle and high school special education certified staff of students who will turn 14 and older during the course of an IEP should plan to attend one of these 2 trainings:
Tuesday October 9 from 3:30 to 5:00 pm at MAMS in the computer lab or
Tuesday October 16 from 3:30 to 5:00 pm at MASH in the computer lab
There are some significant changes to writing transition components of an IEP starting in November. Here are the major details:
- Starting in November we are required to use the online Postsecondary Transition Planning component at each IEP meeting for students who are or will turn 14 years of age.
- There is an online training and demo site that we will do as a group at our building special education meetings on October 9 (MAMS) or October 16 (MASH). All staff who would be a case manager for any student who would turn 14 and older should attend one of these two trainings. Other staff who are interested in learning about this process are also invited to attend.
- We will also send some staff to a transition training in Chippewa Falls on November 7.
- Here is more information about Postsecondary Transition Planning component: http://www.dpi.wi.g
- To access the online Postsecondary Transition Planning component all special education staff for students over 14 years of age and older will need to create a WAMS ID. I have attached this link on how to create a WAMS ID: https://on.wisconsin.gov/W
AMS/home. Please go to the link and create a WAMS ID. Maintain that ID for use at IEP meetings starting in November.
- We will also need a Wisconsin Student Number for each of our students in special education. I have those student numbers to give to you. There will need to be internet access at each IEP meeting to access the online Postsecondary Transition Planning component.
* Bring with you to the training meeting tomorrow - the IEP Transition Reference that Shari G. has developed and shared with you in the past.
** Bring with you your WAMS ID
Transition Record Review Checklist
This form is used on an annual basis by the school district to review our compliance with Indicator 13 Transition: http://dpi.wi.gov/
forms/pdf/podsa-rrc-tran-001. pdf. Staff are encouraged to use this checklist when writing their IEPs for students 14 and older.
2012-2013 Request for ACT Extended Time Testing
Examples of Coordinated Set of Activities for High School
Compliance Examples for the Transition Checklist
Wisconsin Schoolwide Transition Initiative - Taylor County
Wisconsin Disability Document Guide for Postsecondary Education and Training
Wisconsin Technical College Systems - Key Contact Persons for Students with Disabilities
IEP Transition Pages Reference Guide
Medford School District certified staff should have received a copy of the IEP Transition Pages Reference Guide that was developed by Transition Coordinator Shari Gajewski. Please contact Shari or I if you have not received a copy of this Guide.
This will be held on Monday November 5 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm. Registration is now open with Luanne Olson at email@example.com. Parents, students, and staff are invited to attend.