Tuesday March 20
4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Taylor County Education Center
* RSVP to Joseph Greget at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-748-2316 ext 324 or dinner ordering purposes and planning preparations
- To help support students on their Road to Success for post-secondary school planning, vocational opportunities, and independent living
- To support parents in their understanding of what resources are available now, what is their in the future, and how to get there.
- Highlight our many local resources agencies and their services
- Promote our quality transition and special education services while in high school and in our SOAR 18-21 year old program.
- Learn about financial options and planning for the future through Thrivent and Kelz Law Office
- Students with an IEP age 14 and older
- Parents of Special Needs Students
- Special Education Staff of Students with Post-Secondary Transition Planning Needs or those who want to learn more
- Area Transition Providers
- Open to all school districts in Taylor County
Transition Night Highlights:
- Free Dinner for those in attendance
- Raffle Prizes including free ticket to "An Evening of Illusions" at MAMS that evening starting at 7:00 pm.
- Learn about our SOAR 18-21 year old, Colby Schools, and Black River Industries new opportunities for students to spend overnight hours M-Th.
- Exhibits from local agencies set up throughout the building from 4-7 pm
- Small group sectional presentations every 20 minutes between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm
- Sectional topics - DVR Services, Long-Term Care Provider Supports, Special Needs Trust Planning, Financial Planning, Guardianship, Children's Support Waiver, and more
Agencies in Attendance include, but not limited to:
- SOAR 18-21 year old program
- Thrivent Financial
- Kelz Law Office
- Black River Industries
- Northcentral Technical College
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
- Taylor County Human Services
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Northwest CEP
- Counseling Connection
- Care Wisconsin
- Opportunity Development Center
- Midstate Independent Living Choices
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Northern Regional Center for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- Medford Schools Job Coaching and Mentorship
- and more!