Here are links to two documents: http://sped.dpi.wi.gov/sped_sbseclusion
1) Wisconsin Act 125 Requirements which details:
- Definitions of "physical restraint" and "seclusion"
- Examples of when seclusion is allowed in select situations
- What is not considered seclusion
- Examples of when physical restraint is allowed in select situations
- What is not considered physical restraint
- IEP requirements
- Notification and reporting requirements for building administration and staff to parents
- Annual reports to Board of Education
- Training requirements
- Unforeseen Emergency Exceptions
2) Frequently Asked Questions about 2011 Wisconsin Act 125 - Addressing the Use of Physical Restraint and Seclusion in Public Schools (updated)
Take time to review this documents so we maintain the safety of our students, other staff, and yourselves and are in compliance with these regulations.
Contact me with any questions or need for more information.
Joseph A. Greget
Director of Student Services/Special Education