The Medford Area Public School District takes an active approach to engaging families in our many educational offerings for students with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
First, our programs/services help students as young as three years of age through the age of 21. I have attached a copy of our Special Education/Student Services brochure which highlights many of these programs/services. These will also be featured on the local radio and newspaper in the coming week.
Second, we take an active approach in engaging families through a variety of council and committees. Some of these are directly led by the Medford Area Public School District and some we have an active role on them through a countywide approach. Please contact me if you would like to learn more and/or attend them as a parent representative.
· Special Education Advisory Council
· Taylor County Transition Advisory Council
· Taylor County Autism Support Group
· Taylor County Early Childhood Sub-Committee
Third, The Special Education Advisory Council plans parent-child activities. Our upcoming event is:
Family Fun Day at the Movies
Penguins of Madagascar
Saturday December 6 at 10:30 am
We will also have upcoming snowshoe, movie, and swimming events.
Finally, to help inform parents of upcoming events and services – I maintain the following means of communication:
· Medford Area Public School District Special Education/Student Services Facebook page which is located at: https://www.facebook.com/MAPSDSPEDSTUDENTSERVICES
· Student Services Newsletter two times per year
· Twitter account: www.twitter.com/Joseph_Greget
· Blog: www.jgreget.blogspot.com
You are welcome to contact your child’s special education teacher or myself for any questions, supports, or services that you might need throughout the school year. My contact information is: 715-748-2316 ext 324 or email@example.com .
I hope that each and all of you are having a rewarding and exciting school year. May you have a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas. We are privileged to be educating your child this holiday season and throughout the school year.
Joseph A. Greget (Mr. Joe)
Director of Student Services/Special Education
Medford Area Public School District